These Chocolate Nut Butter Crispy Treats are not on any “clean eating” plan, but are super yummy and easy to make. A delightful sweet snack on occasion!
Switch out monk fruit + Maple Grove Farm Sugar Free Syrup for the honey, and sugar-free nut butters for the peanut butter. If trading the peanut butter for a sugar-free substitute, taste the batch before spreading in the pan to be sure it’s sweet enough. Ditto for the the chocolate chips.
Chocolate Nut Butter Crispy Treats
Note: Don’t be afraid to adjust these ingredients to suit your own tastes!
- 1-1/2 cups peanut butter OR your favorite nut butter
- 1 cup honey OR 1 cup Monk Fruit in the Raw Bakers Bag + 1/2 cup Maple Grove Farm Sugar Free Syrup
- 1-1/2 sticks real butter OR 3/4 cup coconut oil
- 3 cups rice crispies OR old fashioned rolled oats
- 12 oz. bag of regular OR sugar free semi-sweet chocolate chips
In a medium-sized heavy sauce pot, melt together peanut butter, honey, and butter.
Remove from heat and stir in chocolate chips until completely melted. Stir in rice crispies.
Spread into a 10×15 jellyroll pan lined with foil. Refrigerate for a couple of hours. Cut into bars and store leftovers in the refrigerator.
For another decadent chocolate delight, try my Fabulous Fantasy Fudge. I hope you’ll love it, too!
This recipe was inspired by a recipe from The Baking Bit.
Happy eating! 😊