Honey Pecan Bacon Cheese Ball has some surprising ingredients that work amazingly well together! Try something new this holiday season! It’s supposed to be in the shape of a “ball,” but I got lazy. 😁 Thank heavens y’all don’t expect perfection out of me. 🤗 I love the unique taste of this one!
I got the idea for this cheese ball from the Hormel website. I didn’t have some of their ingredients on hand so I worked with what I had. I think it’s delicious! If you take a chance based on my taste buds, let us know what you think of this recipe!
Honey Pecan Bacon Cheese Ball
- 1 (8-oz) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, whatever kind you have
- 2 tbsp apple butter, or cinnamon applesauce if you have no apple butter
- A pinch of cayenne pepper
- ¼ cup real bacon bits
- ½ cup honey glazed pecans, coarsely chopped
- Assorted crackers or toasted baguette slices
In bowl, beat together cream cheese, shredded cheese, apple butter and cayenne until combined.
Stir in bacon; shape mixture into ball or just spread in a pretty, shallow dish.
Refrigerate until firm.
Roll cheese ball in chopped pecans or sprinkle over top just before serving.
Happy eating! 😊