When I opened my friend Rebecca’s newsletter this morning, I couldn’t resist sharing it. Of course, I got her permission first. 😊 She’s a fabulous best-selling and award-winning author of contemporary romance. I think you’ll love her stories, as well as her Gingersnap Pumpkin Cheesecake! So read on for a recipe and links to her beautiful books!
Happy Halloween and Happy Fall
Second only to Spring, fall is my favorite season. I look forward to cooler temperatures–and by cooler I mean low 80’s (I do live in Florida, after all). I also love the fall holidays like Halloween and Thanksgiving. To me, fall means sweaters, football, pumpkin pie, and changing leaves, even if I don’t get to actually wear the sweaters and see the changing leaves.
I’m thrilled to reveal Kim Killion’s gorgeous cover for A SEASON TO LOVE, Book #2 in the Seasons of Northridge series! The Fall leaves add a feeling of movement to the cover. Unfortunately, the book will likely not be released until early 2020. Best laid plans, and all that–but sometimes life happens. I don’t want to release the book unless I believe it’s ready, because you deserve the best book I can write. In the meantime, you can read an (unedited) excerpt from the book. Read Excerpt
Nothing says Fall like a spicy, yummy Gingersnap Pumpkin Cheesecake.
Gingersnap Pumpkin Cheesecake Recipe
- 1 cup gingersnaps, finely crushed
- 1/2 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 24 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups dark brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 tbsp + 2 tsp. all-purpose flour
- 1/8 tsp ground cardamom
- 1/8 tsp ground clove
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp sour cream
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/4 pumpkin puree, canned (no sugar added)
- Whipped cream
- In a medium bowl, combine the gingersnaps, pecans, and butter, Mix well and press into the bottom of a 9- or 10-inch springform pan, spreading evenly.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Remove and cool thoroughly before adding filling.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese with an electric mixer until blended.
- Add the brown sugar and beat until incorporated.
- In a small bowl, stir together the flour and dry spices. Add the flour mixture to the cream cheese mixture and beat thoroughly to combine, scraping the bowl occasionally.
- Beat in the sour cream and the eggs (one at a time), scraping the bowl after each egg. Add the vanilla and pumpkin and beat until combined.
- Pour the filling into the prepared springform pan.
- Place on the center rack of the oven and bake for 1 hour or until the cheesecake is set (could include up to 20 minutes additional baking time). Cool to room temperature and refrigerate overnight.
- Serve with whipped cream.
You can find Rebecca on Facebook where she shares fun stuff along with news of her current and upcoming releases. And all of her published books can be found on Amazon in ebook and print. I hope you’ll give her stories a try and her Pumpkin Cheesecake Recipe a taste!
For another delicious Autumn recipe, check out Crustless Mini Pumpkin Pies. Perfect for kiddos (and adults) who aren’t fond of pie crusts. 😋
Happy eating and reading!