After spending weeks upon weeks experimenting with ingredients, I’ve finally come up with a super simple way to make these decadent, heavenly Sous Vide Bacon & Gruyere Egg Bites at home – without a sous vide cooker or gruyere! LOL I tried it with that strong-flavored cheese and could never get the ratio right, plus it’s too expensive at all but Aldi’s (a store I rarely shop at due to its distance from my house) for every day eating. Roberta from Ketonian Nerds got me hooked on these incredibly delicious egg clouds – whenever she came over to craft with me, she’d surprise me with a pair! Now I make these Copycat Starbucks Keto Egg Bites, saving her a bundle, and giving us a delightful high fat/low carb meal to break our intermittent fasts before we get down to business with the hot-glue guns. Hot-diggity!
Use what you have on hand
Change this Starbucks Keto Egg Bites recipe up to add your favorite ingredients. It’s great with diced ham and/or crumbled sausage! Add a little finely diced onion and green peppers if that’s your cup of tea. I think I’m going to pour the mixture into a 9×13 baking dish next time and cut into squares. Add all three meats like my Cheesy 3-Meat Keto Quiche! Delish!
Copycat Starbucks Keto Egg Bites
- 8 Eggs, antibiotic-free & cage-free
- 4 oz cream cheese, full fat
- 2/3 cup sour cream, full fat
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella, monterrey jack, or fiesta blend any combination
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 16 slices cooked bacon, or real bacon bits
- 8 pats butter
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray a 12-cup muffin tin and 2 2-cup ramekins with oil.
- In a blender or food processor, combine everything except bacon and whiz until light and fluffy – a minute or so.
- Ladle into muffin tin then divide the rest between the ramekins.
- Tear up a piece of bacon into each muffin cup and 2 pieces into each ramekin. Or sprinkle with a little bacon bits in each.
- Place the muffin tin in the oven for 15 minutes. Remove and let sit for another 15 minutes to continue gently cooking. OR Place in a convection toaster oven for 15 minutes at 350F. Leave in oven until cooled. Store in a sealed container in the fridge.
- To reheat: place 2 egg bites on a microwave safe plate. Top with a 1/2 pat of room temperature butter on each. Rewarm in the microwave for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes or until butter is melted. Don't overcook!
- Calories 344.3
- Total Fat 28.8 g
- Saturated Fat 16.2 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat 1.6 g
- Monounsaturated Fat 6.3 g
- Cholesterol 262.4 mg
- Sodium 538.4 mg
- Potassium 130.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 17.2 g
To save on energy costs
I bought this Hamilton Beach Convection Toaster Oven for its large capacity while on sale at Walmart several years ago. It fits a rimless 9×13 pan and this muffin tin. Saves energy and keeps from warming up the kitchen!
Not only are my Copycat Starbucks Keto Egg Bites healthier, they’re also cheaper and save you money on gas! Happy eating! 💕