This Panko Parmesan Encrusted white fish is incredible! Very easy to prepare – just dredge in egg, panko, and Parmesan cheese then bake in the oven! The comments from my family were both complimentary and insulting – at the same time – like, “I can’t believe you made this, Mom.” Even I had to admit I shocked myself. 😁 And you can get sustainably caught Wild Alaskan Company seafood delivered straight to your door! Sockeye and coho salmon, halibut, and cod! Click the link to learn more!
I’ve been a fish-hater the majority of my life. A few years ago, Jimmie and I went to Bonefish Grill. He’s always loved fish so he ordered the Parmesan Crusted Tilapia and begged me to taste it. I couldn’t believe how good it was. Seriously shocked.
I tried to duplicate it thereafter, but it was an abysmal failure. The recipe called for mayonnaise and Parmesan cheese and nothing else that I recall besides a little salt and pepper. The fish came out soggy and disgusting. No one wanted to eat it.
Use your favorite sustainably caught white fish such as halibut, cod, or tilapia
Created by Melissa Woolard | Culinary Craftiness
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 10-12 tilapia fillets, thawed and patted dry
- 2 cups panko seasoned bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Lemon wedges (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Liberally spray two baking sheets with your favorite spray oil.
- Mix together all the dry ingredients in a round cake pan or pie dish.
- Beat eggs in another round cake pan or pie dish.
- Dip each fish fillet into the beaten eggs, coating both sides, shake off excess, then coat in the breadcrumb mixture.
- Place each fish on the baking sheet then sprinkle any leftover crumbs on top of the fillets.
- Bake for 15 minutes then turn over and continue baking for another 5-7 minutes, until fish is flaky and white in the center and the crust is a nice golden brown.
I knew there had to be an answer to how/why the restaurant fish came out perfect so I searched the internet, perused many recipes, and found the missing ingredient is panko – and no mayo. What a difference a bread crumb can make! The preparation is super simple, my family loves it, I love it, our Chihuahua Pinto Beanie loves it. I believe you will, too. 😀 This recipe is definitely a keeper.
My guys are big eaters. They all work hard and burn a lot of calories throughout the day. I fixed two filets per person, but there were leftovers – which everyone in this house loves. You can only see one pan in the pictures, but there were two. Some filets were bigger than others. Double dredging will give the fish a crisper, crunchier breading, but will add calories and carbs. But it’s much healthier than pan frying so maybe live a little. 😋
Easy Panko Parmesan Encrusted White Fish
If you’re looking for an incredibly delicious low carb keto fish dish, try this Browned Butter Fish and Shrimp or this Sockeye & Coho Salmon with Citrus, Basil & Peppercorn Medley. They’re both to die for, too!