These Mexican Cheeseburgers are súper delicioso! You may wonder “why not just make tacos or burritos?” Even though we absolutely adore those, why not try something new? These Mexican Cheeseburgers are beyond good, they were incredibly delicious and a HUGE hit. 🤗
So good they should be served in burger joints everywhere across the land! All it takes is an easy taco seasoning mix–store bought or homemade. The recipe I use is super simple and easily adjusted to suit your own tastes. A lot of people are afraid of monosodium glutamate, aka MSG. Neither I, nor any of my guys, have ever had an issue with it. I credit Ac’cent for making many of my meat dishes sing. My Daddy-O, aka Papa Bear, even put it on hotdogs!
The taco seasoning mix doesn’t have to be evenly incorporated in the ground beef. Just do the best you can.
Created by Melissa Woolard | Culinary Craftiness
- 6 tsp. chili powder
- 5 tsp. paprika
- 4 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 2 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 3 tsp. onion power
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 tsp. salt (optional)
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 4 slices sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 buns
- Sliced or mashed avocado (or make guacamole without lime juice - it ruins the flavor of the avocado)
- Sliced tomatoes
- Sliced onion
- Sour cream
- Taco sauce
- Measure all into a small lidded container. Put the lid on tight and shake.
- Mix 3 tbsp. into the ground beef then form into patties. The general rule is, 4 patties per pound.
- Grill indoors or out, or pan fry. Cook until centers are just slightly pink. For easier clean up, cover a baking sheet with aluminum foil and place the mostly cooked burgers on it.
- Top with slices of sharp cheddar cheese. (I broke the pieces in half and made a cross so most of the cheese wouldn't be lost over the sides.) Bake in preheated 350°F oven for 5-7 minutes, or until cheese is nicely melted.
- Place on buns and pile on any additional toppings as desired.
In addition to this awesome burger recipe, I’ll leave you with a few more a little out of the norm. Firstly, in The History of Cinco de Mayo, there’s a really good Taco Pizza recipe. Secondly, this Burrito Casserole turns out fantastic every time. Some day I’d like to try making tamales from scratch. I’m a bit intimidated by the process. And there are times I think, why do it when Las Avinas makes killer tamales? Moreover, their queso is incredible! For now, we’ll stick with those occasional suppers out at our favorite Mexican restaurant. 😋