Low Carb Keto Cheesy Cauliflower is a great substitute for macaroni & cheese or my Cheesy Potatoes. Whenever we’re cooking anything on the grill, Cheesy Potatoes are almost always the chosen side dish. However, I’m trying to reduce the amount of carbs I eat, so this cauliflower alternative gives me all the happy feel-good cheesiness I crave while watching everyone else fall face-first into the Cheesy Potato pot. 😋
This recipe is great if you’re short on time and don’t want the hassle of making a béchamel. Simply put all the sauce ingredients in a microwave-safe bowl and heat to bubbling then stir or whisk until smooth and all the cheeses are melted. Pour over the partially cooked cauliflower and maybe toss a little more shredded cheese on top. Super delicious and great reheated as a side dish for another meal or two the following week.
Recipe by Melissa Woolard | Culinary Craftiness
- 2 heads cauliflower, cored and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup heavy cream or whole milk
- 2 cups sharp shredded cheddar
- 1 bar cream cheese
- ½ stick butter
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Microwave cauliflower for 7-8 minutes, until partially tender. No need to add water.
- Place cream, butter, cheeses, mustard, salt and pepper in another microwave safe bowl. Heat on high 3-4 minutes, until bubbly. Whisk to incorporate melted cheeses.
- Spread cauliflower in a baking dish. Sprinkle with additional salt.
- Pour cheese over all and stir to cover all pieces of cauliflower.
- Bake, uncovered for 20 minutes. Sauce will thicken upon standing for 5-10 minutes.
Pictured above with my crazy delicious Homemade Breaded Tenderloins. When I’m eating low-carb, I bread mine with almond/coconut flour. Not quite as tasty as cracker crumbs, but still worth writing home about! 😉
#lowcarb #lowcarbohydrate #Atkins #AtkinsDiet #Keto #KetoGenicDiet #healthyeating #lifestylechange #authorsofinstagram #Cheesy #Cauliflower #Bake #Casserole