Hey y’all, please welcome Roberta to the blog! Back in the old days when I was part of a recipe blogging group, Ro was known as “Baby Spice” and shared her herbal remedies. I broke away from the group to start CC and really miss blogging with those awesome girls. Everyone has gone on to do other things now, but thankfully we’ve all remained close. Roberta is all about keto these days and should be the poster child for this way of eating. She’s lost a lot of weight and has tamed the pain and inflammation in her body. She looks great. But most importantly, feels great! She’s here to share the results of a Keto Pecan Pie recipe she found while searching for some delish keto Thanksgiving desserts. 😊
Keto is awesome because if you look, there’s always an alternative for any craving! With Thanksgiving around the corner, I wanted to make sure we could have dessert.
So let’s get to Roberta’s Keto Pecan Pie
I tried two other recipes before this one but this Keto Pecan Pie really hit home. I made some changes to the recipe that help make it more like an ooey gooey pecan pie. Like using some almond flour instead of all coconut. The coconut flour does add to the sweetness, but ya know… in a coconutty kinda way that if you’re like me, you won’t want in your pecan pie. So I updated the ingredients and directions with that in mind.
Another thing I like about this recipe is that it’s very easy to follow along, and it times out perfectly to make the crust. While it cooks in the oven, make the filling, then the timer goes off pretty quickly to complete the pie.
Recipe by Roberta B. Mahoney | Culinary Craftiness
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 2 eggs
- 4 tbsp swerve or 12 packets stevia for 7.9g net carbs
- 6 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 eggs
- 2/3 cup Swerve or 32 stevia packets for 7.9 grams of net carbs per serving
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2/3 cup sugar-free maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1-1/2 cups pecans, chopped
- *Crust Instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix dry ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
- Combine wet ingredients in a medium bowl, stir and slowly add the dry ingredients until well incorporated.
- Stir to form a soft dough.
- Grease pie pan. Use your hands to press the dough into the bottom of the pan and up the sides.
- Bake for 12 minutes. Don't let the edges burn.
- Cool before filling.
- *Filling Instructions
- Add all the ingredients, except the pecans, into a mixing bowl and combine well.
- Spread the pecans evenly in the bottom of the cooled crust.
- Pour the filling over the pecans.
- Bake pie at 350°F for approximately 50 minutes.
- Let pie set up for a couple of hours before slicing.
Nutrition Facts 8 Servings Amount Per Serving Calories 499.3 Total Fat 36.7 g Saturated Fat 11.4 g Polyunsaturated Fat 5.9 g Monounsaturated Fat 13.3 g Cholesterol 147.2 mg Sodium 250.7 mg Potassium 139.0 mg Total Carbohydrate 15.1 g Dietary Fiber 5.4 g Sugars 1.8 g Protein 8.6 g
Let the pie set up for a couple of hours before slicing. Add a drizzle of sugar-free maple syrup for a sweeter, gooeyer piece. 😋
Bring it, Thanksgiving. 🦃 And this year, it will be Keto-tastic!