Ham and Cheese Sliders from leftover Holiday Ham and dinner rolls is a supremely delicious way to use them up! Just add Swiss, Monterrey Jack, or provolone cheese and an easy sesame seed dressing for an great dinner the day after. I love these with a side of potato chips. Play with the ingredients to suit your taste and pantry/fridge staples. You really can’t go wrong. 🙂
Add your leftover holiday side dishes and you’ve got a delicious supper on the table in 30 minutes or less! I used a smear of may under the lids and in this batch, made the dressing that gets poured over all the sliders with sesame seeds. I’ve used poppy seeds, as well.
Leftover Holiday Ham and Cheese Sliders
Created by Melissa Woolard | Culinary Craftiness
- Sister Schubert Dinner yeast rolls (pre-baked leftovers), sliced open
- Leftover sliced Holiday Ham
- 1 slice Swiss or Monterey or Pepper Jack cheese PER slider
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup miracle whip
- 1 tbsp. sesame or poppy seeds
- 1 tsp. yellow mustard
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 1 tbsp. dried minced onion
- 3-4 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- In a small bowl, mix together miracle whip and mayonnaise. Spread on inside top and bottom of each roll.
- Cut slices of ham to fit the rolls, put on a piece or two, and a slice of cheese. Close rolls and place them touching on a jellyroll pan or in a baking dish.
- In a microwavable measuring cup or bowl, melt the butter, then whisk together all of the sauce ingredients.
- Spoon just enough over each sandwich to cover the tops. You don't have to use all of the sauce.
- Cover with foil and bake at 400 degrees for 12-13 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Uncover and cook for 5 additional minutes or until tops are lightly browned and crispy. Alternatively, you can place them under the broiler for a couple of minutes. Watch closely or they will burn.
Here’s another idea – make Turkey Manhattans out of your leftover holiday turkey fixings! Rather than bread, use leftover stuffing or dressing for the base. To make mashed potatoes taste brand new, heat them to super hot in a larger bowl in the microwave. Add more butter and heavy cream, salt & pepper if necessary, and use your mixer to whip them up. Delicious!