This Easy No-Bake Cheesecake takes me back to my Grandma Betty’s kitchen every time I taste it. She made it every holiday and it was always a hit. My cousin Julie took over the task of preparing it when Grandma Betty was no longer able. My poor family hadn’t tasted this scrumptious delight since Christmas of ’06. But I finally got the recipe from Julie and started making it down here in Florida last Christmas.
If you’re looking for an unbelievably delicious, but easy to make dessert for the holidays or any time you want to impress your family and friends, this no-bake cream cheese cake is the answer. Top it with sliced fresh strawberries and a bag of strawberry gel (found near the strawberries in the fresh fruit section), or canned cherry, blueberry, or strawberry pie filling. All three versions are incredibly delish!
Easy No-bake Cheesecake – Blueberry, Cherry, or Strawberry
Grandma always used Dream Whip, but they didn’t have pre-made whipped topping back when she started making this. I’m pretty sure you can still find it at grocery stores. I think I’ll pick up a box or two to have on hand. You can make homemade whipped cream by whipping heavy whipping cream with powdered or granulated sugar until stiff peaks have formed. But we think this dessert tastes great with Cool Whip. 🙂
Since manufacturers are putting fewer crackers and cookies in the bags these days – and charging more – the number of packages of graham crackers needed in this recipe depends on which brand you buy. It might take more or less depending on how much crust you like. My family likes more, rather than less.
Created by Melissa Woolard | Culinary Craftiness
- 3 to 3-1/2 pkgs. graham crackers
- 1/8 cup sugar
- 2-1/2 sticks melted butter
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans, optional
- 2 pkgs. cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 large bowl Cool Whip or prepared Dream Whip
- 1 lb. Sliced fresh strawberries & bag of gel
- 1 or 2 Canned blueberry pie filling
- 1 or 2 Canned cherry pie filling
- Crush graham crackers into fine crumbs in a gallon freezer bag with a rolling pin, or whiz in a food processor. Dump bag of crumbs into a 9x13 pan and stir in sugar, nuts, and melted butter. Press evenly into the bottom of the pan. Refrigerate for at least one hour before spreading on the cream cheese layer.
- In a medium bowl, use an electric mixer or whisk to mix together the softened cream cheese, vanilla, and powdered sugar. Spread evenly over the graham cracker crust.
- Spread whipped topping evenly over the cream cheese layer.
- Spoon the fruit topping over the top of the whipped topping layer.
- Chill in refrigerator for 4 or more hours before serving. Cut into squares.
- Store leftovers in refrigerator.
In conclusion, happy eating!😁