Now that your Thanksgiving leftovers are thankfully all gone, you’re probably ready for some easy meals you can put on the table in a jiff after a long day of gift shopping. This is a super simple and delicious go-to Alfredo sauce recipe. Plus I always have all of the ingredients in my pantry/fridge! This sauce is full of flavor and can be taken up a few notches with the addition of real bacon bits, grilled chicken, or shrimp. I haven’t tried it with sautéed mushrooms yet, but plan to the next time I whip up this Alfredo. I can’t imagine it being anything other than awesome. 🙂
Use whatever pasta you like best. I rarely use fettuccini since it’s not as easy to fork up. I usually make a mess on my chin while trying to get it to my mouth. Haha! So I tend to lean toward penne or bowtie. Plus the grooves and pockets in those shapes hang onto the sauce better.
Quick & Easy Alfredo Sauce
I’ve made it with expensive Parmesan cheese and heavy whipping cream, and I’ve made it with the cheapest real Parmesan that comes in a shaker bottle and evaporated milk. They both taste great to me. I discovered long ago, I’m not a cheese snob; as long as it’s made with real milk, I’ll give it a try and judge it solely on its taste, not its brand name or price. 🙂
Created by Melissa Woolard | Culinary Craftiness
- 1 lb. pasta, cooked according to package directions
- 8 oz. Parmesan cheese, grated or shredded (any kind)
- 1 (12 oz.) can evaporated milk or 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 sticks real butter
- 1 heaping tablespoon minced garlic, jarred
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Real bacon bits, whole bag or jar
- 1/2 lb. shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 3-4 grilled boneless/skinless chicken breasts
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add the garlic and sauté for a minute or so. (If using shrimp, add now and cook for 3-4 minutes or until pink and centers are bright white. If using pre-cooked shrimp, add later.)
- Carefully, pour in the evaporated milk and simmer over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, for 5-6 minutes.
- Quickly stir in cheese until melted and remove from heat. Add in any optional ingredients.
- Pour sauce over drained pasta and stir well.
- Serve with bread sticks and a salad, if desired.