After spending weeks upon weeks experimenting with ingredients, I’ve finally come up with a super simple way to make these decadent, heavenly Sous Vide Bacon & Gruyere Egg Bites at home – without a sous vide cooker or gruyere! LOL I tried it with that strong-flavored cheese and could never get the ratio right, plus it’s too expensive at all but Aldi’s (a store I rarely shop at due to its distance from my house) for every day eating. Roberta from Ketonian Nerds got me hooked on these incredibly delicious egg clouds – whenever she came over to craft with me, she’d surprise me with a pair! Now I make them, saving her a bundle, and giving us a delightful high fat/low carb meal to break our intermittent fasts before we get down to business with the hot-glue guns. Hot-diggity!
Change this recipe up to add your favorite ingredients. It’s great with diced ham and/or crumbled sausage! Add a little finely diced onion and green peppers if that’s your cup of tea. I think I’m going to pour the mixture into a 9×13 baking dish next time and cut into squares. Add all three meats like my Cheesy 3-Meat Keto Quiche! Delish!
Copycat Starbucks Keto Egg Bites
- 8 Eggs, antibiotic-free & cage-free
- 4 oz cream cheese, full fat
- 2/3 cup sour cream, full fat
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella, monterrey jack, or fiesta blend any combination
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 16 slices cooked bacon, or real bacon bits
- 8 pats butter
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray a 12-cup muffin tin and 2 2-cup ramekins with oil.
- In a blender or food processor, combine everything except bacon and whiz until light and fluffy – a minute or so.
- Ladle into muffin tin then divide the rest between the ramekins.
- Tear up a piece of bacon into each muffin cup and 2 pieces into each ramekin. Or sprinkle with a little bacon bits in each.
- Place the muffin tin in the oven for 15 minutes. Remove and let sit for another 15 minutes to continue gently cooking. OR Place in a convection toaster oven for 15 minutes at 350F. Leave in oven until cooled. Store in a sealed container in the fridge.
- To reheat: place 2 egg bites on a microwave safe plate. Top with a 1/2 pat of room temperature butter on each. Rewarm in the microwave for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes or until butter is melted. Don't overcook!
- Calories 344.3
- Total Fat 28.8 g
- Saturated Fat 16.2 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat 1.6 g
- Monounsaturated Fat 6.3 g
- Cholesterol 262.4 mg
- Sodium 538.4 mg
- Potassium 130.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 17.2 g
I bought this Hamilton Beach Convection Toaster Oven for its large capacity while on sale at Walmart several years ago. It fits a rimless 9×13 pan and this muffin tin. Saves energy and keeps from warming up the kitchen!
Happy eating! 💕