I was on the hunt for a good cinnamon roll recipe, but wasn’t having much luck finding exactly what I wanted, until I stumbled upon this recipe for Cinnamon Roll Cake. Oh. My. Word. This is the moistest, cinnamonyiest, icinged cake kind of thing I’ve ever put in my mouth. Better than the warmest, gooiest Cinnabon you’ve ever eaten. Absolutely best right out of the oven, of course after you pour on the glaze. I’ve made this 3 times in the past 2 months that’s how much my guys love it!
It was amazingly easy to put together, especially when you grab everything you’re going to need up front and have it all at hand as you’re mixing. The thing I love most about this recipe is, I know exactly what’s in it. No ingredients I can’t pronounce. 😁
Cinnamon Roll Cake
Created by Melissa Woolard | Culinary Craftiness
- 3 c. flour
- 1/4 tsp.salt
- 1 c. real sugar
- 4 tsp. aluminum-free baking powder
- 1 1/2 c. milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 c. real butter, melted
- 1 c. real butter, softened
- 1 c. brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 1 Tbsp. cinnamon
- 2 c. powdered sugar
- 5 Tbsp. milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, mix everything together except for the butter. Slowly stir in the melted butter and pour into a 9x13 pan.
- For the topping, mix all the ingredients together until well combined. Drop evenly over the batter and swirl with a knife. Bake at 350 for 28-32 minutes.
- For the glaze, whisk all together in a small bowl.
- While the cake is still warm from the oven, drizzle the glaze over the cake.
However, in an effort to keep the carbs in our food to a minimum, this cake recipe is a rare treat as written. To drastically reduce the carbohydrate count, switch out the real sugar for Monk Fruit Sugar or a stevia baking blend. As I was looking through my low carb category offerings, I discovered I only have a few desserts. I definitely am more of a savory eater than a sweet, but I do need to come up with some great tasting alternatives. While this Keto Belgian Waffle recipe is a crazy good sweet treat on occasion!