Baked Coney Cheese Dogs take ordinary ingredients and totally change the flavor in a “Wow! How did that happen?” kind of way. They’re incredibly easy to make and beyond yummy! Do it. Just do it!
Plus, it’s easy to feed a crowd!
Fill a jellyroll pan or two for a fun party people pleaser that’s easy and delicious. Firstly, you can use my homemade Authentic Coney Dog Sauce or canned sauce like Hormel Angus Beef Chili. Secondly, use your favorite brand of hot dogs, cheese, and buns. Whatever you do, don’t be stingy with the sauce and cheese! 😋
Best sides for Baked Coney Cheese Dogs
I love Lays Lightly salted potato chips on the side, but Noah loves my homemade baked beans (sans the hot dogs). Alternatively, you can use canned pork & beans to make a delicious side dish that goes great with a good plop of cottage cheese. If you haven’t tried that combo, do it! 😃 Now, some people like barbeque sauce, but not me or my guys. Just keep it simple and yummy with brown sugar and ketchup. Maybe some diced onion and fully cooked bacon. Please don’t put bacon on raw and serve it looking half-cooked! To keep from having runny beans, drain off the excess liquid from the canned beans first.
Baked Coney Cheese Dogs
- 8 hot dogs
- 8 hot dog buns
- 2 cups coney dog sauce or canned chili
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400F degrees. Spray baking sheet or casserole dish.
- Line up hot dog buns and spread open a bit. Sprinkle in about 1 tbsp. cheese in the bottoms.
- Place a hot dog in each bun on the cheese.
- Spoon about 2 tbsp. coney sauce on top of each hot dog then sprinkle on more cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes, until cheese is nicely browned and bubbly. Use a spatula to help the hot dogs off the pan, if necessary.
In short, it’s easy to make these coney dogs for quick weeknight meals. In addition, they’re great for serving at casual birthday parties and such. I’ve even had houseguests request these! Try them. I don’t think you’ll be sorry. 😊