Anything wrapped in bacon is usually a winner; these Bacon Wrapped Smokies are the bomb! 🤗 We’re super fond of bacon-wrapped water chestnuts caramelized in a sweet little homemade brown sugar barbecue sauce. We make them at almost every holiday, but I was looking for something a tad easier–not that those aren’t really easy. I guess I just didn’t feel like whipping up the sauce along with everything else I was cooking last Christmas dinner. Middle son, Zac, suggested something like this and they sounded extremely yummy, quick, and simple. And they were!
Almost every get-together starts with these Bacon-Wrapped Cream Cheese Jalapeno Poppers. They’re crazy delicious, but somewhat of a chore to make. I love them best when one of the guys makes them! Last time Zac smoked them in the barrel smoker and they were amazing! I’m thinking these smokies in the smoker would take them way over the top of flavor mountain!
Created by Melissa Woolard | Culinary Craftiness
- 1-2 pkgs. little smoked sausages (your favorite)
- 1-2 lbs. sliced bacon (your favorite)
- 1/2 lb. light brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line 1 or 2 jellyroll pans with aluminum foil for easier clean up. Spray lightly with oil to prevent bacon from sticking.
- Cut entire rectangle of bacon into thirds. Roll one smoky in each piece of bacon, turn seam side down, and secure with toothpick.
- Fill the pan with however many you want then sprinkle with a brown sugar. Bake for 20-30 minutes, or until the bacon is cooked through and crispy. Oven temperatures vary so check early to prevent burned bacon.
Any fans of Pink Floyd out there? 😄 I’ve had that meme in my favorites folders for several years. I was a huge fan of David Gilmour long before I even knew who he was! There’s something about his voice that always turns on my creativity. Many a story has been written with his singing and guitaring filling the house. This particular album has some great music on it. My favorite renditions of TIME and BREATHE are performed solo by David live in Pompeii. THE DARK SIDE OF THE MOON released in 1973.