Quick Asian Brown Rice Bowl is awesome for delicious fast lunches, or supper in 10 minutes because we’re starving and can’t wait! This versatile dish can be made with a variety of frozen and canned veggies, canned white meat chicken, white meat rotisserie chicken (no skin), precooked boneless skinless chicken, or cooked shrimp that’s already peeled and de-veined. Basically, any leftover cooked meat you have in your fridge.
I stock up on the precooked bagged brown rice and brown rice with quinoa, frozen California Vegetable Medley or stir fry mix, frozen peas and carrots, and canned chicken at Aldi. They also have a delicious toasted sesame oil, but not the other ingredients I toss in to give this dish the Asian taste I love. If you don’t have an Aldi in your area, look for these similar products in your favorite stores.
Quick Asian Brown Rice Bowl
Makes 4 servings
- 1 bag Earthly Grains microwave ready brown rice
- 1 bag frozen California Medley vegetables
- 1 bag frozen peas and carrots
- 1 10 – 12.5 oz can premium white meat chicken, drained or 1 lb other cooked meat
- 2 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 2 tbsp oyster, hoisin, or Korean bbq sauce
- 1 tsp Accent (msg)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- canned bamboo shoots, drained
- canned sliced water chestnuts, drained
- canned mini corn on the cobs, drained
- canned mushrooms, drained
Microwave the rice according to package directions (tear tiny notch in bag; cook 90 seconds). Dump into a 4 quart lidded storage container.
Microwave the frozen veggies according to package directions. Hold a corner of the very hot bag over the sink or a bowl with an pot holder. Snip a small hole in the bottom corner and drain water. Open bag all the way and add to the rice.
Add the meat, Accent, oil and sauce. Stir all together and microwave for 2-4 minutes.
Stir, adjust seasonings to taste and serve.
Happy eating! 😊